Love Snooker? Hate Maths? Then Snooker Scorer is for you!
Snooker Scorer will keep track of a game of Snooker for you, telling you score difference, current break and points remaining.
Note that this is NOT A GAME of Snooker, it is a UTILITY to help you keep track of the score of a game of Snooker.
It’s simple to use; simply tap the ball that has been potted and the score is automatically added. Because Snooker Scorer knows the rules of Snooker, it won’t allow you to pot the wrong ball.
There are now some video tutorials available on YouTube!
If someone misses a ball, tap the ‘swap players’ icon at the bottom of the screen to end the current break.
If there is a foul, hold the foul icon (the white ball with a red ‘no entry’ sign over it) and tap the ball potted. Scorer will swap players and give the opponent the foul points.
Free ball situations can be indicated by tapping the action icon at the bottom of the screen and then tapping ‘free ball’.
Player names can be edited in the preferences screen (tap the ‘cog’ icon in the bottom right of the screen).
Scores and player names are saved and restored automatically when you quit the Application.
Now with undo! If you’ve made a mistake just tap the ‘undo’ icon in the bottom left of the toolbar to undo the last change. The last 16 changes will be remembered.
The information text will cycle between various score information such as: score difference, remaining points, current break, maximum possible break, number of remaining red balls.
You can also remove a red ball from the table by tapping the action item at the bottom of the screen and then tapping ‘remove red ball’. This is for rare situations when two red balls are potted at the same time, or a red ball is potted at the same time as a colour ball. In those situations the red does not contribute to the score but will not be replaced.
Now with full stats tracking!
Available Now in iTunes! Search for Snooker Scorer to find it or click here.
Questions? Feature Requests? Try the support page.
- inital version
- undo (last 16 changes remembered until app is quit)
- information text will cycle between information such as: score difference, remaining points, current break, maximum possible break, number of remaining red balls
- remove red ball without changing score
- number of snookers required.
- track frames scored in a match (0-35 frames)
- potting two reds increases score
- frame re-rack allowed
- end of frame with equal scores leads to respotted black
- foul on final black ends frame
- edit scores and frames to start scoring a match already in progress
- minor tweaks
- Total Points
- Highest Break
- Pot Success Rate
- Long Pot Success Rate
- Safety Success Rate
New instructions for usage:
- For a short pot, just tap the ball to be potted.
- For a long pot, hold ball to be potted until ‘long pot’ appears.
When a player doesn’t pot a ball:
- For a safety, just press and release the ‘swap players’ icon
- For a short missed pot, press the ‘swap players’ icon and drag up a little to the ‘missed pot’ button, then release
- For a long missed pot, press the ‘swap players’ icon and then drag up to the ‘missed long pot’ button, then release
For a foul:
- Hold the ‘foul’ icon and tap the color of the ball fouled
To see statistics tap the ‘grid’ icon in the toolbar.
- limit number of red balls per frame
- iPhone 4, iOS 4 multi-tasking support
Want to find out about future changes? Read my blog posts.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Powered by WordPress with Pool theme design by Borja Fernandez, modified by bubb.
Entries and comments feeds. Valid XHTML and CSS. ^Top^